HOD: Sandile Sikhakhane
Phone: 034 331 3042
This department is an engine of the Municipality, as it is responsible for support services to other municipal departments. Corporate Services also provides effective administration to Council and supports the legislative and executive functions of the Council.
Units and Roles
1. Human Resources
Dealing with recruitment, skills development, labour relations, employees benefits and payroll.
2. Records Management
Dealing with documents archives and document storing and retrieval
3. Council Support
Dealing council committees matters i.e meetings coordination, council administration matters, council minutes and agendas
4. Communication and IT
ICT unit’s performance makes or breaks the operations of the Municipality both in service delivery and administration. In this regard, the duty of the department is the provision of responsive, effective and efficient ICT services at all times.
List of Services
- Servers, file services and storage
- Networking (LAN and WAN)
- Website design and maintenance
- Anti-virus and security
- Desktop hardware and software (acquisition, maintenance and support)
- Network and Desktop printing
- Internet and email services
- Administrative systems support (such as financial and payroll systems)
- End user support and training
- ICT Governance